Friday, January 29, 2010

It isn't sadness.

My friends, I do not think that at this juncture in our lives that we have very much to fear, or hate, or regret: Or celebrate. We've gotten on the way we always have. Look around you at all the people that want to be with you. The one's that smile, the ones that make your heart light up. There's people around us all the time that add to our very essences....and I have to admit, even I sit here sometimes and thinking "I am getting older...I don't think I accomplished all I should have."

Is that true? Didn't I? If by accomplishments you ask if I am sitting in a brass and oak room with a Beemer in the driveway and 2 tickets to Milano on my nightstand, I say no I didn't. But am I still smiling?: I giddily nod and say "Yes, yes, yes." My life has been full of happiness, and the sweetest of victories. Yours have too. AT WHAT POINT in our lives did we decide that success was measured in beads, when all around us are trophies and memories and pieces of gold and glittering stars all scattered about on the floor in front of us; and are ours to pick? WE DID THAT. Every single fucking smile and hug and nod from fond old acquaintances added nickels of fortune to the ultimate purse. This is what helps us look at ourselves and choose the better between either sadness or elation. If ever you start to feel like you are on the ledge of your very life, and want to derive meaning of the progress of your existence, look no further than who loves you, and who you are.

And be proud, because you have it all.

No comments: