Monday, October 26, 2009

My First E-mail Blog Post- Obla-di, Obla-da in just 2 years.

  I decided, since another one of my friends uses Blogger.com (yaaay Rebecca!) I would go ahead and try to be more active on my blog.  I deleted 2 previous posts here:  The reason I deleted them was unclear to even myself, other than I think I was a bit too...ummm.....bitter.  The posts were regarding the one year anniversary of the discovery that my (ex) fiancee had cheated on me while on a business trip.  It ended an 8 year relationship that I had put a whole lot of heart and effort into.

  So now it's 2 years, or, a little over.

  So what does a 45 year old man say after 2 years following the demise of such a relationship?

Obla-di-Obla-da.

   Of course 2 years ago, things were by NO means oblidioblada.  I was crushed. But on this very day, I say that I am glad it all happened.  Maybe I could have done without the pain then, but the act of ending that relationship was the best thing I could have ever done to discover who I am.

  In those 2 years I have had all sorts of time to make mistakes, rebound,  resist, run away from people, dig in to myself and go heavily into the things I really love (like food, working out, and going car-crazy).  I'm taking the time I need to live alone and like it.  I'm going through changes in myself that I wouldn't have gone through had I stayed with my ex.  I'm a person now that I like MUCH more than I did 2 years ago. 

  If I were to give one piece of advice to all of my friends, I would say this:  If while you are WHERE you are, and you feel like a large part of you is really somewhere else: Change things, before it's too late. Change it before you lose who you really are.  If deep down inside you KNOW you could be happier, and that you are just going with the status quo now... change the situation before you're too old to do anything for your own life's happiness.

  I know that's not exactly light subject matter that I'm covering....but it's SO worthwhile, and on this 2 year anniversary of the death and rebirth of my...ummm.....self, I would like to celebrate by passing that advice on to those I love.  If you love yourself, do not accept anything less.


  Until Next!
    ~Chris

No comments: